blog.dk.sg now!!!" />

« Home | Back on auto » | Pissed off » | Hangover » | 2 corona and a hoegaarden later » | Wearing Staff Pass » | Goodbye Parking Idiot » | Bryan Adams - When You Love Someone » | Last impression » | Waste my effort » | Majulah Singapura »

Tired

Spend the whole morning in office trying to investigate a small issue. The amount we got from the system is slightly different from what the customer got by manual calculation. And its not really a big amount. Just a mere 5 cent. And I have to go thru the hassle of digging out the whole chunk of data and do manual step by step calculation to show them that the system is correct and the customer is wrong.

5 cent leh. Why not just say the customer is correct and deduct that 5 cent from my pay?

--------------------------

He came and ask if the error was resolved the first thing when he arrive office. Please, you know that the fix is applied last night. Why the need to come ask me?

Would be nice if you could offer to help patch the dirty data generated by the error. But no. Never mind. I also don't really want you to help.

Anyway, I can only do the coordination work because the error data is not under our team care. Should be able to resolve everything tomorrow.

--------------------------

Anyway, I'm not saying that the error is not my fault. It is my fault. I missed out a chunk of coding during the re-extraction. Although I wouldn't had made the error if his script is created nicely, it is still my error. Can't deny that.

I'm just pissed off by the way he did the script and the way he insisting that his method is correct.

--------------------------

There was another error on 1 of the stuff in my ex-subteam charge. One of my colleague came and ask me how to solve the issue. Somehow, I was very delighted to help solve the error. Because it is something that I'm familar with.

I miss doing the stuff from my ex-subteam. After all, I'm in that sub team for 3 years. Quite familar with the stuff there. Still trying to get used to the new stuff that I'm doing in the new subteam.

Its going to take more time....

--------------------------

Someone raise a last minute urgent request at 5pm. He need the codes to be ready tomorrow afternoon. Usually we don't entertain request with such short notice. There is just not enough time to do a proper coding and testing.

But his director come talk to our director and tell him how urgent that request was and how urgent they need it. In the end, no choice got to do lor.

I should have OT today to rush that request. But I'm tired. Don't want to work on it when I'm so tired. Scare that there might be error.

Looks like going to be another busy day tomorrow.

---------------------------

I'm really very tired with work this week. Why isn't the weekend here yet?
PS to myself: I should blog less about work and blog more about other things.

My Photo

About me

Twitter

    Connecting to Twitter....


    Connecting to Twitter....


    Connecting to Twitter....


http://twitter.com/dk

MyBlogLog

Powered by Blogger


Blogger Templates

eXTReMe Tracker