blog.dk.sg now!!!" />

« Home | Am I losing my magical touch? » | Why not Intelligent Rubbish Bin? » | Lifehouse - Everything » | Why I hate the lectures for this module? » | Why does a dog wag its tail? » | Blogger's block » | Ping.sg shoutbox weather report » | You are a system analyst. Your job is to analyse » | Corrinne May - Something About You » | It has been 14 years »

My handphone has been hospitalized

Send my beloved Sony Ericsson K800i to "hospital" for servicing yesterday. The navigation joystick has been giving me trouble lately. Hard to move left and right. Maybe it is because I’ve been playing too much tennis on my k800i. (BTW, I’ve completed all the games on the phone. Haha) And since it is at the service centre, I also requested them to upgrade my firmware. Hope the new firmware will speed up the autofocus speed.

I’m surprised by the short waiting time at Wisma Sony Ericsson service centre. The place was crowded when I arrived and I thought I’m in for a long wait. But I was pretty surprised that when I was told that the estimated waiting time is just 15 minutes. And I was even more surprised when the estimation was wrong. I only waited for roughly 10 minutes. Perhaps it is because there are more than 10 staffs behind the counter. I still remember more than 1 year ago, I waited at least 45 minutes for my turn to see the "doctor". Thumbs up to Sony Ericsson for speeding up their queue at the service centre.

But my poor k800i has to be hospitalized until Saturday evening. I’m now using a spare phone. Nokia 8250!!!



Super retro I tell you. It’s a classic phone, one of the best phone ever by Nokia. Nokia don’t make phone this good anymore nowadays. That is why I’m using Sony Ericsson now. Haha.

Can't really remember which year was the Nokia 8250 released. Year 2001? Its amazing to see how much handphone has evolved over the year. Using an old handphone helps you appreciate the small features that are in your latest handphone that you didn’t notice it exist.

For example, when writing a new SMS on Nokia 8250, the font is default to be all caps. You need to change it to lower caps yourself. Its unlike new handphone where they will auto cap the first letter of the sentence and small cap the remaining letters. Maybe people like to shout using SMS in the past. Haha.

The screen is very small, thus you find yourself scrolling up and down several times when reading a long SMS.

There is no MP3 player. No Radio. No email reader. No web browser. No camera. Nothing. The only interesting thing on this phone is Snake. Cool! Was playing Snake while on my way to work today. Bet a lot of people are looking at me and wondering why am I still using such a old phone.

Kinda miss the features on my K800i. I always listen to MP3 on MRT to drown out the noisy PA system that constantly reminds us to look after our belongings and report to police if we see anything suspicious. I would also use my K800i to check my email and twitter once in a while. And the camera allows me to take pictures of interesting things that I see. Can’t do all these things now with the Nokia 8250.

But I ain’t complaining. Its better than nothing. In fact, I’ll need to use this phone again next month when I go for my ICT. Heard that the army camps are rather strict in enforcing the no handphone camera rules nowadays. Oh well. What to do?

Just nice for me to send you the 2nd trial software leh! Hahahha!

I have this guy from germany that came to me asking if we have anti-theft software for his phone (the one that you are using now!) he been using it since it was out and he even custom made a leather glove for it. That is something you dont see it many years ago.

His phone is still in perfect condition as if it is just out from the factory! Can see from that that he is a very careful owner that appreciate his phone a lot. :)

Actually, if taken care of, this phone can last very long. The casing can be change by yourself too.

But then, I need more features on my handphone. Will die using this for too long. :P

I think you had that phone for too long liao lah. Bet you didn't upgrade it's firmware too. Cos for mine, sms is not in caps by default. It's just like all the other phones... But nevertheless, I think it is one of the best phone I used before.

Post a Comment
My Photo

About me

Twitter

    Connecting to Twitter....


    Connecting to Twitter....


    Connecting to Twitter....


http://twitter.com/dk

MyBlogLog

Powered by Blogger


Blogger Templates

eXTReMe Tracker