blog.dk.sg now!!!" />

« Home | Happy Chinese New Year » | Retirement » | SPCA's 3rd "Lazy Sunday" Wine Tasting » | Please record your message after the tone *BEEP* » | Elections is coming.... Really! » | Crappy Template » | FOUND - Cross Maltese & Bichon » | The Libra in me.... » | Mobilisation » | Ungrateful fellow »

21 days to go......

Valentine Day. Who invented Valentine day anyway? If he is still alive, I hope he knows he is an idiot.

Those who are single dread this day.
Those who are attached need to go thru the hassle of planning something special.

I still remember last year when I was totally stucked. Wondering how to make it special for my other half. End up, I decide to just do the usual. Spend a fortune on the daylight robbery red roses to the office and a dinner. Problem is, she was having night class that day and her project team mates decided to have discussion after lesson. Its not unusual for them to have discussion after lesson. But that evening's discussion was extra long. In the end, we had dinner at 11:30pm on Valentine day. 30 more minutes and it Feb 15. Almost lose my anger because of the ruined evening. Almost.....

But maybe it would be better to have a chance to lose my anger than having nobody to spend with this year. I received a Spam SMS from the florist whom I ordered the flower last year. I wish they have a option for me to unsubscribe to their spam. Having a gf last year doesn't mean I'll still have a gf this year. grrr.....

I'll be on some coordinator duty in office after Chinese New Year. Basically, its 2 weeks of staying back after work to coordinate some jobs. Usually need to stay back till at least 7:30pm. Sometimes even up to 8:30pm or 9pm. I thought my duty will last until Valentine days. Great. That will keep me occupied. But I was wrong. My duty is from 30 Jan to 12 Feb. 12 Feb!!! Why can't you extend 2 more days so that at least I can stay in office and do my duty instead? For the 1st time I wished I could serve my duty slightly longer. Coordinator duty is not a pleasant thing to do. Lots of blood to puke. Lots of table to bang. Lots of wall to knock. But I'm still willing to do 2 more days. Just spare me from that dreadful Valentine day.

Ok, nevermind. Then I thought Matthew is going to be the coordinator on 14 Feb. Intend to tell him that I'll help cover him for that day so that he can go have a nice evening with his wife to be. Sound "Wei Da" right? BUT it turns out that Matthew isn't the coordinator on 14 Feb. Its a new gal from another dept whom I totally don't know. I STILL haven't figure out how to pronounce her name. Still wondering if I should drop her a email and tell her that I can help cover her for that day so that she can leave early to be with her other half. But what if she doesn't have a boyfriend???? And wouldn't it be malu to REQUEST to cover someone's duty just to hide yourself on that idiotic day?

HOW? Go straight home after work, shower and go to bed. Cover the blanket over my head and pray that this day is over too. Or even better, take a day leave and stay in bed for the whole day.

Or maybe I should ask her out for dinner that night. NO, I'll surely freak her out by doing that. How about Z? Nah. She most likely have alot of guys dating her. Even if there is none, I won't be in her list. Not a chance.

Damn.....

Argh. Ok.... I know how. I'll just follow what some singles are doing here, here and here. Ask if any blogger out there wants to spend Valentines Day with me.

Wait. I saw some similarities between the 3 of them that I don't have. They all wear skirt, have sweet smiles and look beautiful.

I don't. ARGH......

Everyday should be a valentine day and not just that commerical day. Good if can spend it with your love ones, but I see it no point to spend extra money just to show your 'love'. Rather superficial.

Post a Comment
My Photo

About me

Twitter

    Connecting to Twitter....


    Connecting to Twitter....


    Connecting to Twitter....


http://twitter.com/dk

MyBlogLog

Powered by Blogger


Blogger Templates

eXTReMe Tracker