blog.dk.sg now!!!" />

« Home | Elections is coming.... Really! » | Crappy Template » | FOUND - Cross Maltese & Bichon » | The Libra in me.... » | Mobilisation » | Ungrateful fellow » | Everyone is talking about this » | Sense of direction » | Decaying Links » | No form »

Please record your message after the tone *BEEP*

I don't know why suddenly Singtel gave me the voice mailbox service. I didn't request for it cause I didn't see the need. My handphone is on 24/7. If someone calls me but I didn't pick up the phone, my caller ID would tell me who is looking for me and I will call back the person asap. Nobody uses the payphone nowadays and those people who subscribe to Caller Number Non-Display doesn't deserves my call back. You can try calling me again later or cancel that stupid service.

I also have the caller alert service which will SMS me the telephone number of the missed call if I off my hanphone.

Caller ID and Caller Alert has made voice mailbox obsolete. Who still need voice mailbox nowadays? And 1 thing I've notice, people sound weird when talking to the machine. REALLY WEIRD. They don't sound natural.

And the worst thing about voice mail box is, people don't know HOW to use it. Really.

Some people couldn't decide if they want to leave a message in my voice mailbox or not. I often go into my voice mailbox to listen to 1 second of the background noise follow by the hanging up of the phone. And I have to call the person after listening to my voice mailbox.

My dad is famous for using my voice mailbox. 9 out of 10 voice mail came from him. And all 9 of them are redundant. He still don't know how to use the voice mail box despite me teaching him the concept of voice mail box ever since the days of pager.

Here are some of the voice mails that he put in my voice mail before.

"Are you coming home for dinner tonight?"
"Where are you?"
"Why you didn't pick up the phone."
"You want a ride home? I'm near your office now."


And the most famous one is......

"Call me."

In the end, I still need to call him after listening to the voice mail. Redundant right? Nowadays, when I saw a miss call from my dad handphone and a SMS saying there is a new message in my mail box, I'll give my dad a call instead of listening to the mail box.

I've just called up Singtel to cancel that useless voice mailbox service. Will not subscribe to the service again unless they start teaching children how to use the voice mailbox in school.

My Photo

About me

Twitter

    Connecting to Twitter....


    Connecting to Twitter....


    Connecting to Twitter....


http://twitter.com/dk

MyBlogLog

Powered by Blogger


Blogger Templates

eXTReMe Tracker