blog.dk.sg now!!!" />

« Home | Just some numbers » | Financial IQ » | PC cranky again » | Declaration form » | Artwork at Uni » | For the bookworms » | No extra miles » | Rain Rain Rain » | The next book » | Soul - Sha Gua n Rising Sun »

Not my job

I know this week is going to be a busy week.

2 request due to be completed by Friday and I haven't started yet.
1 request need to be in development server by next Monday and I'm still clueless on how to do it
Satan Auditor coming on Friday and I haven't start checking the documentations to ensure everything is in order.

I actually planned a few items for today. I remember telling Stella that whenever you plan to do something at work, something ad hoc will surely pop up and ruin your planning. I keep forgetting this Murphy's Law.

There was a power trip again. I've lost count of the number of power trip we encountered lately. The good for nothing building management (except collecting parking fee and conducting fire drill) still couldn't find the cause. They keep saying its one of the electric appliances that we bought in. Why didn't anyone suspect that it could be our computers that is causing the power trip? Or even the wiring?

One of the PC encountered harddisk problems after the power trip. Outlook and some other programs were corrupted. I'm not the LAN admin on duty. But the person on duty is on leave today and the backup is out for meeting. So I went to fix the PC. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the programs. Can't resolve. Left with no choice but to format the PC. I'm actually quite fine with it. The 3 of us cover each other whenever possible. I quite like this arrangement.

Then I got another handover meeting. I've already lost count of the number of hand over meeting that we had been thru for this project. This is 1 of the most detailed handover meeting I've ever been to. And seriously, I think its over detailed.

China side was having problem with 1 of the job. They emailed to a colleague whom has no idea how to debug. She forward to me and ask if I know how to resolve it. I did some checks and identified that the problem is cause by another job. That job is under the care of another colleague. So I told him that his job has problem and need to be restarted. He told me that he already taught everyone how to restart the job and ask me to restart it. If I have any problem, I can refer to the manual.

Hello.... that is not my job. I'm not encountering any problems because that job doesn't affect me. Its china side that is having problem. I have my own task to do too. That job is under your care. You know how to restart better than I do. Shouldn't you be the person to restart it?

I don't mind helping you restart the job if you ask me in a nice way. But what the hell... You put it in such a way as if it is MY DUTY to restart YOUR job. Heck.... I return to my seat and do my own stuff. Let china side continue to be stuck. None of my business.

54 days to go..... I is pissed.

Labels:

My Photo

About me

Twitter

    Connecting to Twitter....


    Connecting to Twitter....


    Connecting to Twitter....


http://twitter.com/dk

MyBlogLog

Powered by Blogger


Blogger Templates

eXTReMe Tracker