blog.dk.sg now!!!" />

« Home | One overwrites the other » | Moth » | Decay-ing?? » | The beauty of regret.... » | BEER: Helping ugly people have sex since 3000 BC » | Some guy made me sick » | I'm Lost » | Rollback »

Treat those below you well.....

**Warning** Long ranting on work

Was on data patch coordinator duty for this 2 weeks. Duty involved ensuring everyone raise the request form correctly, notify director of the requester that requires their approval and ensuring the script run at night.

Sound simply? It should..... except when you encounter idiotic on duty director. We have 4 director in our project. 3 of them take turn to be the approving director. This week duty director is an idiot. According to the instruction pass down, I'm suppose to send her the list of request that require to be patch before 4:30pm. And if she haven't approve it by 6:30pm, I have to send her a SMS to remind her. EVERYDAY I have to send the SMS. Is she really that busy? I don't know. But if you are on duty, you should know that someone will send you a email everyday for your approval, you should look into your email and do your job. No she don't. Don't understand how other director manage to do it without me having to SMS them. And after seeing that sms, at least reply with a thanks or let me know when she done. And not EXPECT me to go into lotus notes and check every few minutes.

And yesterday was even better. I send her the SMS at 6:30pm when she haven't approve the request. She replied back after 10 min "Where is the email". HELLO.... I don't OWN you anything. If you need something, can't you ask nicely? I dig out the email that I've send to her and fwd to her again. No thanks or nothing. Thinking I own her a living like tat.

And mind you, the job is suppose to kick off at 7pm. You are delaying the job and causing other job to be delayed too. Is this the way a director should behave?

Today was worst. As usual, she didn't approve the SIR at 6:30. So I sms her. 15min later, she come back with a email saying she rejected 2 request. I look at the 2 request, they are all from my teammates.

1 claim that didn't do a proper writeup. But hey, this is not the 1st time they doing this. Everytime they do, there is no problem. This time you must reject. Nevermind.....

The other 1 is even worst. She say she don't see the need to do that request as it is not an error. OF COS IT IS NOT AN ERROR DUMBO! it is a CLEAN UP of the database. You don't understand english huh? I ask my colleague to call her up to explain, hopefully she will approve it. She spend 5min explaining and the answer she got from the director is "I've already switch off the PC"

Well done. what kind of bloody attitude is this? on PC and approve the request take how long? Why, you in a hurry to go home? Wanna go home bath, have nice dinner? HELLO, I stay back late because you delay the bloody job everyday. You can't even stay back for extra 5min to approve the request? how did you reach director level anyway?

Been telling my colleagues, if they ever become management level, remember to treat those below you nicely. Don't be like this director, who treat those working below her like shit. They are, after all, the people who work for you, fight for you and sweat for you. End of the day, when the project is successful, you go up the stage to receive the award, maybe get promotion and pay raise. Is it because of your own hard work? or is it team work that bring us there?

if you ever climb to the top, remember, treat those below you well.....

My Photo

About me

Twitter

    Connecting to Twitter....


    Connecting to Twitter....


    Connecting to Twitter....


http://twitter.com/dk

MyBlogLog

Powered by Blogger


Blogger Templates

eXTReMe Tracker