blog.dk.sg now!!!" />

« Home | She forgot to say "and world peace" » | 10 Turnoffs that Make Great Guys/Gals Wave Goodbye » | DK vs You Crazy What?! burger » | Lunar eclipse on 28 Aug 2007 » | Dan Hill - Sometimes When We Touch » | Too Long For Twitter, Too Short For Blog #8 » | My friend math fail » | Palm: We haven't given up on you yet » | The unattainable acorn » | Odex - Are we punching below the belt? »

I need to cut down on the "eerr..."

I didn't notice that I'm suppose to chair the meeting until the day before the meeting itself. You see, normally it is my sub teamlead who chair the meeting. But she put me in charge of this request this time round. It didn't occur to me that it also means chairing the meeting.

It was a simple request, thus I didn't know what to prepare before hand. And perhaps it is because I was under prepared, that why I don't really know what to say. And I committed the worst mistake anyone can ever commit when making a presentation.... over using of the word "eeerrr....".

Serious. And the worst thing was, I actually knew I was over using the word "eeerrr..." but I just couldn't stop myself from doing it. I notice that I was actually using the "eeerrr...." time to think about what to say next. I was presenting my points and thinking to myself "Hello DK, stop saying eeerrr". But I can't.

This is bad.... very bad. I used to be able present things without much problems. I think it is because of lack of practice. Lack of chance to do public speaking. Need to do something about it.

Join Toastmasters!!!

No seriously. Toastmasters is a place where you can learn tips and tricks to cut these "pause fillers" and do better communications..

You will need to invest some money and lots of time. But its worth it.

ntt: I knew you would say that! haha.

eerrr... dk =P

take public speaking short courses?

What a coincidence. It happens that I'm taking a module on public speaking this semester, I can pass you my notes if you want.

Post a Comment
My Photo

About me

Twitter

    Connecting to Twitter....


    Connecting to Twitter....


    Connecting to Twitter....


http://twitter.com/dk

MyBlogLog

Powered by Blogger


Blogger Templates

eXTReMe Tracker