blog.dk.sg now!!!" />

« Home | Me GTO » | I'm bored » | On course » | Last minute » | Pissed off » | Someone is searching for me » | It's a Sony » | Wake up call » | I have a bomb in my backpack » | Mooncakes »

Me battery on recall

Tag: , , , ,

Latest news, IBM/Lenovo is recalling around 500,000 Sony battery. I've checked and found that my battery is in the recall list. YIPPIE!!! I'm getting new battery!!!

Dear Lenovo Customer,

Lenovo and IBM Corporation, in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and other regulatory agencies, have announced the voluntary recall of certain lithium-ion batteries manufactured by Sony Corporation. In the interest of public safety, Lenovo will offer customers free-of-charge replacement batteries for all recalled batteries. View Battery recall FAQs.

IBM and Lenovo sold these Sony batteries in systems listed below between February 2005 and September 2006. Customers who bought one of the following systems may have a battery subject to this recall:

ThinkPad R Series (R51e, R52, R60, R60e)
ThinkPad T Series (T43, T43p, T60)
ThinkPad X Series (X60, X60s)

Additionally, since these batteries can also be used with ThinkPad T4x Series or ThinkPad R5x Series systems, customers who ordered an extra battery or received a replacement battery for any ThinkPad T4x or ThinkPad R5x Series notebook PC between February 2005 and September 2006 may also have a battery subject to recall.


You can check if your battery is on the recall list here.

---------------------

Called their customer service and was told that they will send the replacement battery within 6 weeks time. Eeerr.... 6 weeks. That means I'll still be carrying that bomb for the next 6 weeks.

Hope SMRT don't put up this poster.

---------------------

**Updates**

The customer service person said WITHIN 6 weeks right? Today is also considered "Within 6 weeks".

The delivery man called me on my handphone at around 2:30pm, saying he is at the lift lobby of my office. I got a shock. I thought really need to wait 6 weeks. And the amazing thing is, I just call the customer support today at 11:30am. Within 3 hours and my battery is changed. Good job!

Oh ya.... its a Sanyo now. :D

My Photo

About me

Twitter

    Connecting to Twitter....


    Connecting to Twitter....


    Connecting to Twitter....


http://twitter.com/dk

MyBlogLog

Powered by Blogger


Blogger Templates

eXTReMe Tracker