blog.dk.sg now!!!" />

« Home | Last Dance » | Just feel like running » | FlashGO! ThumbDrive Micro » | I want to cry » | Come walk with me » | Presenting yourself professionally » | Life » | 我到底在拼什么? » | Handle Bar » | 走的时候记得说爱我 »

Welcome all IMF/World Bank Delegates

Tag:

Singapore is playing host to IMF meeting this year. Quite a big hoo-ah event. The govt really going all out to impress the delegates from around the world. OK, there are a bit of inconvenience. Esp the road closure. Its going to be a big pain in the ass for those who drive to Suntec area.

But the IMF meeting does have a lot of advantages to Singaporeans. It creates jobs. It attracts 16000 delegates from around the world to Singapore to eat, drink and shop.

And because of the IMF meeting, some roads have been smoothen. Esp the expressway between Changi Airport to Suntec. Its the road that all the delegates need to use. And extra effort has been made for the past few months to ensure the roads in tip top condition. Try driving along ECP this few days if you are free. I did that yesterday and was surprised that the whole road look so new. As if it is a new expressway. They also repainted the flyovers and CTE tunnel. The whole place look so new now.

And if you are around suntec area, remember to go to the overhead bridge between Suntec and Citylink. They planted a lot of flowers there. Never in my life have I seen so much flowers along the roads of Singapore. Never. Its nice to have those flowers around. The place look alot nicer. There are sunflowers too. Wanted to take a picture, but I'm afraid the police patrolling nearby might question me.

Oh, I'm now at Millenia Walk using the free WIFI. Yeap. Its call Wireless@SG. This WIFI network will be free for all to use for the month of sept. Cool huh? Without the IMF meeting, we won't have this at all.

I guess we are already seeing the benifits of the IMF meeting even before the meeting start. Thanks to the wayang-ness of our govt.



Hello, IMF and World Bank Delegates. Welcome to Singapore. Please come more often. Maybe every year.
Oh ya, I don't mind smiling for free WIFI. :D

Labels:

My Photo

About me

Twitter

    Connecting to Twitter....


    Connecting to Twitter....


    Connecting to Twitter....


http://twitter.com/dk

MyBlogLog

Powered by Blogger


Blogger Templates

eXTReMe Tracker