blog.dk.sg now!!!" />

« Home | Making the best out of the worst » | Angry but not telling... » | Some people really deserves their awards » | Who is there to save me? » | Tea Chapter » | Rebuilding damaged ego » | How do you define love and like? » | Stand by me » | Staring at my error » | 爱.恨.难 »

Work Rant

Lets rant about work.

The error has been more or less fixed. Left with 1 part which is rather complicated to reverse the damage. Am no hurrying into this. Don't want to make any mistakes. Luckily for me, this portion is not that hurry and can afford to wait. So far so good.

Waiting for the case to be reported to the top management.

----------------
One of my colleague is on 2 weeks unpaid leave because of some medical condition. Our team is rather short handed. After some discussion with my sub-teamlead, my teamlead decide to "throw" part of her work to me. When he told me about this, I joked with him and asked "Is this my punishment for making that error?"

He replied "Oh, if you think it this way, then I won't feel so guilty passing you those stuff."

----------------
After transfering to the new sub-team, I took over some half completed job from the previous person in the team. She was transfered to another team. She kept everything in a LAN folder so that I can carry on the work. I was busy with fixing the error that I didn't really notice that 1 SQL insertion file is missing in the folder.

So I contacted her yesterday and ask her for that file. She say did some changes directly to the database and her SQL insertion file is no longer accurate. Then she ask me to go database extract the records.

WTF.... you want to hand over things, you hand over properly. Don't give me half F**K job.

-----------------
Sometimes I wonder if that woman is really stupid or just out to piss people off. China side send an email to her to ask her to coordinate some code insertions. The things need to be approved by director before 3pm or we cannot get the codes in. She was the coordinator when she was still in our team. Somehow, china side didn't know that she was transfered to another team and no longer doing the coordinating stuff. Since I was in the CC list, I replied to China side telling them that she is no longer in our team. I also forward the email to the person taking over the job, keeping that woman in the CC list.

At 7pm, she replied the email from China saying she is no longer doing the coordination job.

Ya right. Wait for you we all die liao.

-------------------
Helped a colleague with some stuff few days ago. Basically doing almost everything since he doesn't know much about it. So he replied the user with the results that I help him to get.

Found out from another colleague today that he also CC our teamlead in that reply. I'm not in the loop and not mentioned in the email. WTF. What is your purpose of keeping the teamlead in the loop? To get credits?

I don't mind if you don't keep me in the CC and don't thank me. I also don't mind if you don't tell the user or anyone that I help you get the results.

But I do mind if you want to get credits alone for things that I help you.

Do you think you deserves all the credits? If you feel that you deserves credits from teamlead for that job, the most basic thing is to give me the credits too when its due.

Me pissed.....

My Photo

About me

Twitter

    Connecting to Twitter....


    Connecting to Twitter....


    Connecting to Twitter....


http://twitter.com/dk

MyBlogLog

Powered by Blogger


Blogger Templates

eXTReMe Tracker